Thursday, January 04, 2007

Purpose of This Blog

As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I kept a Book of Mormon commentary journal. Every time I read through the Book of Mormon, I revise my commentary on it. This time through the Book of Mormon, I am posting my commentary on a blog. There have been many times that I have wanted to post my thoughts about a gospel topic or something that I thought of that does not fit into my Book of Mormon blog. This blog will capture these thoughts.

Also, there are times when I study a topic and write up notes on it. This blog will be a place where I can share my thoughts and learnings on a gosepel topic. This blog will also be a forum for feedback and discussion on these thoughts and topics (if I have any readers out there).

The name of this blog, Spiritual North, is derived from a talk by Elder Robert D. Hales from the October 1994 General Conference. In that talks he states,
"Individual testimonies are the foundation and strength of the Church. Our testimony provides a guiding light that leads to a commitment which directs our conduct and our way of life. Our testimony is true north on a spiritual compass. It is a moving force that cannot be seen but can truly be felt. It is a burning within that tells us what is right."