Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On Facial Hair

So during the Thanksgiving holiday, the topic of facial hair was brought up. Since I wear a beard ... goatee ... or whatever it is called, I have a hot opinion on the subject. Somewhere in my lifetime, I heard a quote from a general authority that essentially said if Jesus were to come to earth today, he would be clean shaven and would wear a business suit. To which my reply to that is "shave Jesus." Let's shave him in all our paintings or at least let's paint him clean shaven and in a business suit ... white shirt, tie and all and let that painting replace our Dell Parson (?) painting.

Here are some prevous discussions on this subject that have gone around the Mormon blogosphere the last few years:


http://smallsimple.wordpress.com/2006/11/01/mormon-leaders-and-beards/