Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Nephi 4:15-16

2 Nephi 4:15-16 ~ And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.

Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.

We have been commanded by the prophets to always read and study the scriptures. We read the scriptures to learn about the commandments of God. We also learn how to apply the commandments to our life. We will only be happy and find joy in this life by keeping the commandments and we learn the commandments by reading the scriptures. There have been times and seasons in my life when I’ve not been so faithful in reading the scriptures - and I've noticed my general happiness decline. This scripture helps me to remember that there is a vast pool of knowledge in the scriptures and if we just open and read them, we’ll be happier for doing so.