Wednesday, November 06, 2013

nfl player walks way from $1M

this was the news headline that caught my attention today.

i clicked on the link and began reading.  this particular passage speaks volumes:

Moffitt, 27, made about $1.5 million before taxes in his 2 1/2 seasons in the NFL.

"I've saved enough. It's not like I'm sitting here and I'm a millionaire," he said. "That's what I kind of realized. I'm sitting here and I got to this point and I was like, what is the number that you need? How much do you really need? What do you want in life? And I decided that I don't really need to be a millionaire.

"I just want to be happy. And I find that people that have the least in life are sometimes the happiest. And I don't have the least in life. I have enough in life. And I won't sacrifice my health for that."

i italicized  the parts that really stood out to me.  notice the words: enough, need, want, happy.

source link